Thanks to everyone who submitted an entry along with their kind words of encouragement. :-) I was pleasantly surprised, and a little overwhelmed, by the number of entries received. I was glad to read that all of the entrants enjoyed the scavenger hunt format of the contest; I will retain it for future giveaways. Now to the matter at hand.
The winner of a copy of the book "Culinaria Greece" by Marianthi Milona is fellow culinary enthusiast and food blogger Donald Orphanidys a.k.a. Mr. Orph. Donald correctly answered the 7 questions in the contest quiz, and his name was chosen by a process of random number generation from among all the correct entries. Congratulations to Donald! I will be shipping him the book on Monday.
Here are the contest questions along with their correct answers in bold text:
- Which species of tree is among the first to bloom with the arrival of spring in Greece? The alomnd tree
- What herb was fashionably worn behind the ear by men at ancient Athens? Mint
- What was the name and profession of the very first Olympic victor? Coroebus of Elis - a cook
- What is the second oldest existing wine in the world? Mavrodaphne wine (1873)
- How much did my father’s prize tomato weigh last summer? 1 kg. or 2.2 lbs
- Which famous British actor is especially fond of a rare Greek island specialty sweet? Roger Moore
- Which hospital was my son born in? Mt. Sinai Hospital
Greek Food Recipes and Reflections
Copyright © 2008, Sam Sotiropoulos. All Rights Reserved.